Monday 23 December 2013

You don't have to be perfect.

Yesterday was a shit show of epic proportions. You might have guessed that from the total lack of food prep posts which usually spews over the walls all day Sunday.

I was in a funk. I expressed yesterday in my post that I was having a rough week and it is true. I am most days totally positive and it takes a lot to get me down. I think it was a combination of the mind games I was playing with myself about my progress coupled with just a bit of Christmas stress because every year I pretty much do it all because my husband is not here to help.

I was tired, not feeling great and I just decided I needed to NOT do anything on a day where honestly I usually do it all. I also had a headache of epic proportions. I did not want to cook, or chop or really even talk to anyone.

I have friends that think I am Wonder Woman. I admit to trying to do it all, but eventually it catches up and guess what...I need a day off. A day off from myself. I need a fricken vacation from being Wendy. I am SO exhausting! LOL

I am no where near being perfect, or being Wonder Woman or the Bionic Woman. I would lying if I said my life was perfect. It is not. And that is just fine. I need to take a day now and then and just get through it in my way. I am thankful for friends whose shoulders I cry on, my husband who listens to my every detail with interest and offers me advice that I need to hear. I am also thankful for the resiliency I have within myself to know when I need to download and get it out of my system.

You want to know what I did? I napped..that is SO rare. I read. I watched Home Alone (that's right, I did). I just relaxed my mind and body. I spewed things in epic proportions to my poor husband that just walked in the door last night. And when it was all said and done and we headed to bed I felt like a new person. The weight was lifted.

Today I am back with a vengeance. I will do my food prep today and tonight and make up for my downtime.



Is it perfect? Nope. And I wouldn't change a thing.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© WENDY KENNEDY. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig