Tuesday 14 January 2014

Choose your hard...

Choose your hard.

This quote pops up now and then in my feed. It always resonates with me because essentially our life, for the most part, is the way it is because of the choices we make.

We have the power to make healthy food choices over going to McDonald's. We are the ones driving up to the window to order a Quarter Pounder when we can just as easily drive to a grocery store and walk in and get a green salad, veggies and some roast chicken. It is hard to walk away from the smell of french fries.



We are the ones that decide to sit and watch 4 straight hours of tv or get up and head to the gym, go for a run, a walk or push play on the dvd player. It is hard to start a new fitness program, to move your body for the first time when it is used to being still.



We are the ones that surround ourselves with negativity...be it in the form of circumstance, people, etc. or we choose to surround ourselves with a stream of motivation, inspiration and people that lift you higher. It is hard to walk away from things that have been in your life for so long you can't even remember it not being that way.



We can sit and lament about life being out of control, the house being a dung hole & upside down 24/7, having not enough money, hating our job and so or or we can get up off our asses and start doing the work, adding in a whole lot of elbow grease, sweat and determination and going after your passion. It is hard to devise a plan of attack, to be not overwhelmed with how the heck you are going to get this done, to leave your job and start from scratch again.





Life.

Is.

Hard.

I have made the executive decision for my life that I am choosing the hard that is going to get me where I want to go. Not the hard that is keeping me stuck, stagnant and unhealthy both mentally & physically. Both are just plain HARD. But the outcome of one is a life that I am proud to say I chose. Not one that I look back on with regret because I sat back and just let it all happen..

If it's going to be hard anyway, it might as well be while it's on my way to a place I want to be!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© WENDY KENNEDY. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig