Wednesday 10 February 2016

Is Hammer & Chisel all that? Find out my take on it...

It's like they KNEW what was going on inside my head.  Like they had it down pat EXACTLY what my easily distracted brain needed when it comes to fitness.  I am the first to admit I bore easily.  I like change and often.  I don't generally like repeating things over and over and over.  I.  Crave.  New and different.

When I heard about the release of this program, honestly I was skeptical.  It looked good on paper & during the promos.  It was hyped up pretty good and yes it was a new shiny thing for me to consider. **SQUIRREL**



So, once the sneak peek was released on Beachbody on Demand, again...I was not overly excited.  I took both of them for a test run and I actually disliked the workout Sagi brought to the table.  BUT...having said all that, I wanted to give this program a chance.  Release day came, I plopped down my credit card online and added that bad boy to my cart and clicked "Order Now".



Here.  We.  Go.

Enter Day 1.





I just came off 6 months of bulking up with no lean out and was ready to use this program as the thing to help me get started.  I had me some fluff going on and it was time to make fat die!

Enter Hammer & Chisel! This is an 8 week program that uses Stabilization, Strength and Power.  The workouts ranged from about 30-45 minutes, so there was really no excuse to come up with as to why they couldn't be done.  I did the entire program in my basement with a bench, dumbbells, a resistence band, a jump mat and about 8 feet of space.  At home fitness is no joke!  I have trained hard plenty in my past, both on my own and with a trainer and IMO this is right up there with that!  It impacted my body and my brain.  What's not to love?

The nutrition was SO easy with color coded portion control containers.  NO guess work or counting calories.  Hello, I love this!  I used Shakeology every freaking day and did not miss one.  I also used, from the Performance Line, the Recover (post-workout), Recharge (take it before bed), Hydration (intra-workout for optimal hydration) and Energize (MY FAVE and this is a pre workout to give me that extra boost to KILL these workouts!).
**You can order both Shakeology & the Performance line HERE .  

The first week I was sore AF.  Like wickedly.  But in a good way.  Why?  Because even though I workout, I was not working the muscles in the same way that I did in these workouts.  I was most definitely being challenged and I liked it.

There were a few nights that I felt like I was tapped out, like I just was dragging my butt, but they were very few and I attribute that a lot to lack of sleep.  TOTALLY my own doing and it reflects in the workouts the next day.  AYECARUMBA!

In a nutshell, I finished strong, I lost body fat and inches, gained some wicked improvements in balance, stability and strength and I have already started round 2 to do it all again!

I lost 5.6 lbs, 5.5 inches in the 8 weeks.  Not a crazy amount but definitely a visible difference!




I also put together a short video montage of the 8 weeks, which I hope you enjoy!


Have you tried anything new, fitness or food wise lately?  If not, are you considering it?

If you are looking for some help and accountability in your fitness, I am also taking new clients at this time and would be happy to discuss options with you!  Feel free to email me at subjecttofire@gmail.com

Who wants to join me in round 2?  :-)


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Way to go Wen! You have come a long way from the "Sonny Alexander" days. Keep up the great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...thanks Wanda! I know and that was just a few years ago too! 20 to be exact! HOLY!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

© WENDY KENNEDY. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig